Tokmok was founded in 1867 and is located in the Chui area of the Kyrgyz Republic. The city is located on the northern part of Kyrgyzstan, on the left bank of the Chu, which is the border with the Republic of Kazakhstan. To the north and south of it stretches the ridges of the Tien Shan. To the south of Tokmok there is a powerful ridge of the Kyrgyz Ala-Too, stretching to the borders of Kazakhstan.
– from the east, 110 km, there is a resort area of Lake Issyk-Kul, with salty sea water and medical springs.
– from the west, 60 km away, is the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek.
The area of Tokmok is 4131.6 hectares, the height above sea level is 818 m.
The climate is sharply continental.
• Population – 54.2 thousand people
• Men – 25.4 thousand people
• Women – 28.8 thousand people
• Disabled – 32.3 thousand people
• Ethnic composition – 68 nationalities
• Students – 4429 people
In the territory of present-day Kyrgyzstan, near the modern city of Tokmok, eight kilometers away, there was the medieval city of Balasagun. The emblem of the city is the minaret, in the form of the Burana tower and belongs to the earliest architectural monuments of Islam in Central Asia and dates from the X-XI centuries. The city is located on the “Great Silk Road”, which connects Europe and Central Asia with the east of the Asian continent.The presence of a magnificent architectural monument – the tower, a double row of walls surrounding the settlement, the perfection of the dishes found during the excavations indicate that the settlement had all the signs of a significant political center.The city was clean, it had a sewage system, a bathhouse, and there was also a piped water supply system from the nearby mountains. Burana Tower served as a minaret at a mosque with a palace.Balasagun was the place where the poet Yusuf Balasaguni was born (approximately in 1015). The author of the famous poem “Gracious knowledge” is considered the founder of Turkish fiction.
- The city has 8 large, 11 medium and 551 small business facilities, including: – construction industry – 4 enterprises – light industry – 5 enterprises – food industry – 5 enterprises – heat-water-energy industry – 5 enterprises. Large exporting enterprises:
- LLC Interglass (Germany) – production of flat glass
- LLC “Elimay” (Kazakhstan) – production of dairy products
- JSC “Kasiet” (Kazakhstan) – production of wool and wool blend
- “Kyrgyz Too-Tash” LLC (Kyrgyzstan) – processing of natural stone
- OJSC “Zhelezbeto” (Kyrgyzstan) – production of concrete products
Investment attractiveness of the cityTokmok has a free land plot for potential investors:Greenfield PlotLand plot owner – municipalityIt is planned to create a new industrial zone with the possibility of crushing into small areas.Plot area – 62 ha.
- Higher education institutions – 2, International University in Central Asia (IUCA), Tokmok Technical Institute of the Kyrgyz Technical University
- Secondary specialized and technical educational institutions (colleges, lyceums) – 6;
- Secondary schools – 13;·
- Children’s educational institutions – 2;
- Preschools – 4.